Olive & Olive is proud to have a highly-qualified
team of professionals, who collectively have worked at
our firm for over fifty years, assisting our attorneys.
< Back to Our Team
- Shelia L. Alexander is Olive & Oliveís legal assistant and docketing clerk, providing support primarily to the firmís trademark disputes and litigation practice areas, although her almost three decades of experience allow her to provide focused attention in almost any area when necessary. Her management of the docket is essential to providing clients top-level service.
Shelia is a graduate of the Durham Technical Institute (now Durham Technical Community College). There she earned an Associate of Applied Science degree in Secretarial Science with high honors.
Shelia has extensive legal experience in the field of intellectual property and began her career working on the prosecution and maintenance of federal and state trademark applications as well as copyright applications. She later expanded her experience to include domestic patent applications. Shelia has also worked in state and federal government agencies, banking/finance, and non-profit groups. Shelia has been a licensed North Carolina Notary since 1994.
Outside of her work at Olive & Olive, Shelia is active in her church, Mount Level Missionary Baptist Church, and is an avid reader and action movie fan.
- Joseph T. Blackley, Jr. is a graduate of Durham Industrial Education Center (A.D. Drafting and Design Technology) and of Durham Technical Institute (A.A.S. Paralegal Technology, High Honors). In addition to his paralegal work in all areas of the firmís practice, with a focus on patents, he is the firmís chief draftsperson and supervises the technical drawings required for the firmís patent and trademark applications and litigation. Joe also serves as the firms Assistant Administrator. Joe oversees the maintenance and upkeep of the firmís office building.
Joe is a member of the North Carolina Bar Associationís Legal Assistants Division and certified by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification.
Joe and his wife are the proud parents of three grown children and three grandchildren. Joe is very proud of his grandson (Number 1 Buddy) who just entered high school, and his two granddaughters (twins) who just started kindergarten. He is a lover of animals and especially his yellow lab, Max, and Aussie Doodle, Bailey. He enjoys spending time with his family, taking care of his yard work and working in his small garden. Joe is an active member of his church and its very active Seniors Group, and particularly his Sunday School Class.
- Serita C. Evans is a paralegal primarily supporting Olive & Oliveís trademark practice and domains practice. She assists our clients with state, federal and international trademarks, and with communication with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. And, she communicates regularly with domain registrars on behalf of our clients.
Serita is a native of Broadway, North Carolina and a proud graduate of North Carolina A&T State University, where she received her B.A. in Political Science and Business. She then relocated to Washington, D.C. and obtained her Paralegal Certificate and B.S. from the University of Maryland, UC, along with an MBA in Management from Bowie State University.
She has worked in the IP sector for almost 20 years, in various positions throughout her career. Serita returned to North Carolina to marry the love of her life and is continuing her passion in IP at Olive and Olive.
She is a proud member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority and is a proud advocate of mental health awareness. You can often find Serita volunteering: speaking to young adults about maintaining mental wellness and learning to be self-aware. She is a Scorpio, a cat lover, a news and pop-culture junkie, a great cook and loves looking at the stars.
- Abigail H. Jordan is a paralegal primarily supporting Olive & Oliveís trademark practice and disputes practice. Abby assists our clients with registering and maintaining state, federal, and international trademarks, and handling communications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, as well as filings with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Raised all across the South and Midwest (a dozen cities in nine states!), she is a proud graduate of the University of Oklahoma, where she received her B.A. in Letters and marched with the Pride of Oklahoma for five seasons; Boomer Sooner! She also has done post-graduate work at Temple University in Philadelphia and at the Campbell University Norman A. Wiggins School of Law in Raleigh.
In addition to working in the legal field, Abby's professional background includes hospitality, radio, sales, and entertainment, and in her spare time, she works as a freelance voice-over artist, actress, and makeup artist. You can often find her volunteering with a number of Triangle community theaters and with the Oklahoma Sooner Alumni & Fan Club of Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill.
- Nicolle Paolillo primarily supports Olive & Oliveís patent practice (including disputes), and also assists with trademark disputes and litigation. Within the patent arena, she assists our clients with US, PCT and foreign national stage patent applications and filings, preparation and filing of prosecution documents, works with our many foreign associates, and communicates with the US Patent and Trademark Office as necessary.
She is a native of Syracuse, NY and a summa cum laude graduate of the University of Pittsburgh. She holds a degree in political science and history and minors in math, Russian culture, and Spanish. Nicolle also holds a paralegal studies certification from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Nicolle came to North Carolina in 2015 after an eight-year paralegal career in Syracuse, NY. In addition to studying in Pittsburgh and living and working in New York, she spent 5 years in business development and marketing in Los Angeles, CA.
Nicolle enjoys politics, traveling, gardening, reading, and baking. On weekends, she can be found with her (Italian!) husband Pierpaolo and dog Sky hiking around beautiful North Carolina.
- Erin A. Rall has for more than twenty years worked in all areas of the firmís practice, from trademark, copyright and patent applications and prosecution to contracts and litigation, but has a particular passion for, and focus on, protecting and enforcing our clientís rights. She was one of the first North Carolina Certified Paralegals and an early member of the North Carolina Bar Associationís Legal Assistants Division. Erin is the first and only legal assistant who has been honored to serve as president of the Durham Orange Women Attorneys and as Vice President of Durhamís Young Lawyers Division; and she also has served as a member of the Durham Bar Associationís Public Service Committee, as Chair of the Paralegal Division of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ), as Vice Chair and CLE Chairs of the NCAJ Small Office Practice Section, as a Liaison for the Commercial Litigation Section of NCAJ, as a member of the education, membership and ethics committees of NCAJ, and as a member of the education committee for the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys.
A graduate of Brown University (Mid-East Studies) with a focus on Islam and Islamic Law, Erinís thesis for that degree focused on International Law and its applicability to Palestinians. She has continued her educational activities by teaching numerous continuing legal education courses on topics including privacy law, e-discovery, intellectual property, ethics, law office management, and technology, for groups including paralegal students, new lawyers, and local and statewide bar associations.
In her spare time, Erin enjoys knitting, designing knitting patterns, and being with her family and Mishka, her Maltese service dog.
- Maria T. Sventek joined Olive & Olive, PA, as a paralegal in 2015. She is currently the lead paralegal on Trademark Trial and Appeal Board matters and works closely with clients to protect their trademarks at the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Maria received her Paralegal Certification in 2002 from University of Little Rock School of Law.
Her background over almost two decades as a paralegal has included intellectual property work, of course, but also extensive experience with litigation generallyóincluding, for example, qui tam litigation, class action litigation and municipal defense litigation for the State of Arkansas, to name a few. She is a member of the North Carolina Bar Associationís Legal Assistants Division.
Maria and her family moved to North Carolina from Arkansas and are in love with their new home. When she is not working or spending time with her husband and two boys, she is an avid Crossfitter and has competed in several competitions in Arkansas and North Carolina.